Friday, January 1

STARTING A FOUR SQUARE QUILT ON THE LAST DAY OF THE YEAR

HEY BLOGGIES,

Yesterday was overcast and drizzling and it just felt like a sewing kind of day.  I got a chevron charm pack from Southern Fabrics in my mailbox yesterday and I just had to start making a quilt with them.

 I opened them up and decided what colors I wanted to put together in each four square.  The colors are just yummy.


First I sewed two together in assembly line sewing.

 Then I took them over to the ironing board, cut them apart and ironed the seams to the dark.

Next is sewing rows together to make the complete four patch, and then ironing the seams.


I am now working on the solid squares being cut and sewn to the four patches.  More photos tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: