Friday, August 14

WATER COLORING AND SPRITZING POWDERS WITH WATER

HEY BLOGGIES,

An interesting title on my blog today, eh?  My friend has some new toys so she showed me some new techniques (new to me).  We did some water coloring but not the usual way.  She had powdered watercolor pigment.  She wet the water color paper with a spritzer and then sprinkled the pigments onto the wet paper and gave it another spritz.  It was amazing how vibrant the colors came out.  Want to see?  Here is the first card made with this technique.

Aren't the colors fab??  Oh, one more technique I forgot to tell you about.  You know how you can put a piece of waxed paper between the die and your card stock?  Well, she took the die cut waxed paper and ironed it onto the watercolor paper BEFORE she wet it and added the powders.  Then after the colors were dry, she used her heat gun to gently lift the waxed paper off.  Voila - a waxed resist.  Cool, huh?

I trimmed the watercolor piece and then added a thin white layer behind that only shows from the top and bottom of the top fold card.  Don't the colors just make you want to dive into this deep pool of cool, beautiful water?

I added a few clear moonstones as the final touch.

Come back tomorrow and I will show you another card with the same techniques....I am on a ROLL.

Entered this card at SKETCH FRENZY FRIDAY and CASE THIS SKETCH and CASOLOGY.

Thanks for stopping by!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous !
    Thanks for joining Casology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a cool background! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh. It was fun learning and playing with these powders.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jennifer! I love watercoloring. Your background is awesome. Those color burst are awesome!! Nicely done.Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely comment. I enjoy challenges and try to do them when I have time.

      Delete

Please post a comment: