Friday, July 31

GATE FOLD BIRTHDAY CARD

HEY BLOGGIES,

Whew, we are just trying now to dry up and blow away here in central Texas.  It has been 100* here this week and is not going away any time soon.  We are putting out a sprinkler for our horses each afternoon to give them a chance to cool off if they want to.  Several days they chose to let it get them wet and today they chose not to.  But at least it is there if they need it.  AND it waters the grass at the same time.

I told my hubby that it is too hot.  How hot is it?  I said it is so hot that the boys (my male horses) are too hot to try to be naughty!!  hee hee  Being naughty is my interpretation when they are bored and start looking for something to get into that they should NOT be into - like my canna plants or my pear tree.  Evidently those taste very good when you are feeling frisky!

Anyways, on to my card for this week.  I have made a gate fold birthday card using Sprinkles of Life and Bohemian DSP.

My gate fold card has two overlapping pieces.  The cupcake is adhered on the left and the sentiment is adhered on the right.   Coastal cabana card stock is one of the colors that coordinates with our Bohemian DSP.  I used white and coastal cabana as the two coordinating colors of the patterned paper I chose from this pack.

 A closeup of my stamped images layered with coastal cabana cs and decorative label punch or circle punches.  I fussy cut the cupcake pieces. Cherry red square sequins adorn the sentiment piece.

The cherry on top with the small square sequin is covered with glossy accents.

I am entering my card in Sketch Frenzy Friday challenge.  Pop over to see the other design team members.

2 comments:

  1. very nice Jennifer! Love the gate fold. Sprinkles of Life is such a fun set to work with

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: