Friday, May 15

PAPER PIECING THREE DIMENSIONAL FLOWER CARD

HEY BLOGGIES,

I am so happy to have a fun NEW kind of card for you today.  May has been a crazy month for us so far, but I just NEEDED to squeeze in a bit of FUN TIME to make some cards.
 Soft Sky and Sahara Sand are the two card stocks I used, plus very vanilla is the card stock I stamped on and colored for the flower.

 Bloom With Hope by Stampin' Up! was my stamp set of choice for this card.  I stamped it several times and colored them, then cut them into layers and popped them up to make them three dimensional.  I hope it shows up in the photo for you to see how I have the layers.

 The vellum with little stars is a piece I am recycling from something else I received a long time ago.  I knew one day I would find a place to use it.  I love to have this little "lagnappe" or special surprise when I am making cards -- recycling is a GREAT IDEA for me!!

One more look at the finished card.  It is bleak, dark and very very rainy here in Texas, and has been for AT LEAST A WEEK.  We are starting to flood all over the place and the creeks have come up over their banks from so much rain!!

I used this sketch from SKETCH FRENZY FRIDAY for my card.  Why don't you make a card too using this sketch?


Thanks for stopping by.  Come back and visit again, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: