Wednesday, July 2

LAND THAT I LOVE .... INDEPENDENCE DAY CARDS

HEY BLOGGIES,

Are you getting ready for some baseball, picnics, fireworks and fun with friends and family??  So am I!!

I wanted to share a card I made with my friend and downline, Tammy M.  We used WORK OF ART stamp set and a few special surprises as well:

 We used real red and Night of Navy card stock, also whisper white.  We did something a little bit lagnappe or "unexpected" - we used a star stencil and some moon pearl embossing powder BEFORE we stamped with the navy ink for the star part of the flag.  Isn't it awesome??!!  I LOVE how it turned out.

 If you decide to make one of these cards, make sure you make both a stencil and a mask for the blue part because first you use the stencil part so you just emboss that area, then you stamp it with the navy inked stamp.  then you use the mask part to cover up the navy part so the red won't get there when you stamp the stripes.  I hope I have said that clearly so you can make one of these FUN cards too!!


See anything else that fits LAGNAPPE or "unexpected"?  YES, that is a silver eagle head charm on the sentiment.  AND YES those are mini star sequins on the left of the sentiment.  Just too little special somethings to make you do a double take.  Speaking of a double take, see the boo-boo I did right below the blue stars field?  I tapped my stripe stamp a second time into the wrong ink pad.  I thought I thumped it into the real red but NOOOO, it was the navy pad by mistake.

Well, things happen and life goes on.  But this wonderful country is LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE.  Thanks to all those who serve us by helping to keep our beautiful America FOREVER FREE.

Stamp set:  Work of Art, alphabet set
Ink:  Real Red, Night of Navy
Card stock:  Real Red, Night of Navy
Other:  mini star sequins, silver eagle charm

I would love to hear your comments on our fun and patriotic card.  Won't you take just a moment and leave a comment for me?

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome...love all the uses for this stamp set. Thank you for playing with LNS 252

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: