Friday, June 13

INKING AN EMBOSSING FOLDER TO CREATE A CARD

HEY BLOGGIES,

I have a new technique to share with you.  It was so fun to create the background paper for this card.  Here is what I did.

First, I chose an embossing folder with a bit of a pattern. Then use the side with the manufacturer name on it and open it up to that side. (Where the word Stampin' Up! is)

Add ink in by either of these methods:  direct from ink pad to embossing folder, or using daubers to apply it to the folder.  Use several colors and also leave some places blank as well.

Next, use a fine mist spritzer and spritz water onto the embossing folder.  Then place a piece of water color paper, rough side down on the ink, and carefully press with your fingers all over the paper.

Remove the watercolor paper very carefully and set aside to dry.  Put another piece of watercolor paper onto the embossing folder to pick up more of the ink.  Follow as above to press it into the ink and then to remove carefully.

After it is dry, you can cut it to the size you want for a background or accent piece, OR you can punch it for your embellishments.  I did both on the following card:

 I used whisper white as my card base, with tangerine tango as my background layer under my watercolor print.  The two pieces of accent card stock are real red.  There is a tangerine tango layer behind the punched flower.

 I punched my flower out so that the swirl is right in the middle of my flower.  Pretty cool, huh?
My banner is thin under the flower and gets wider as it gets to the banner end.  Same with the piece I stamped "thank you" on.  I like that shape a lot lately.

I used the petite petals punch with tangerine and red for the flowers in the upper right corner with some multi colored beads adhered in the center.

Hope you have enjoyed my card.  I am entering it at SKETCH FRENZY FRIDAY this week.  Why don't you click and go on over to our site to see what the other team members created with this sketch created by Kim:


I have ALSO entered this card at MOJO MONDAY to use this sketch:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: