Sunday, November 10

SANTA IS TRAVELLING AROUND THE WORLD

HEY BLOGGIES,

I am FULL MODE Christmas now and really enjoying it.  I have for the next three days some cards made with the set SANTA'S LIST.  I LOVE IT because I can do some watercoloring with it.  I can practice some of my newly acquired watercoloring techniques I learned at a friend's hand a few weeks ago.

I saw this on Michelle's blog and fell in love with the idea of using the WORLD MAP stamp and SANTA'S LIST together.  From there, I changed it a bit to become mine and I am really enjoying it.

For the style, I was going for a very OLD world map that Santa has used for centuries.  I distressed the edges with our Stampin' Distress Tool and sponged layers of color with crumb cake, baked brown sugar and soft suede inks and a sponge.  But I wasn't quite done yet with the map.


 Next I used some swirls I have had for years and stamped with versamark all over the map then embossed with gold embossing powder.  Lastly, I used a wet sponge and rubbed all over it again to get it to crinkle up like an old vintage map would do.  NOW IT WAS FINISHED.

 You can see the gold embossed swirls close up here, as well as the distressed edges and the brown aging.

I stamped Santa with Black Stazon Ink and then used markers and an aqua marker to color him.  I used the white chalk marker for his beard and eyebrows.  Then after I had aged the fur on his coat a bit, I used Dazzling Details here and there on the fur to put a bit of sparkle and for it to catch your eye.

Inside I used the greeting from the set, and it says "He is making a list and checking it twice..."

Hope you enjoyed my old world Santa.  Please come back tomorrow for another Santa's List card.  I am LOVING this set for sure!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: