Friday, November 8

LITTLE BIRD HOUSE BOX

HEY BLOGGIES,

Today I have the cutest tall and thin bird house box for you.  Even though it is a box for a gift or goodies, I am going to make a bunch more for my Christmas Tree.  I decorate my tree in "woodlands" decorations with birds, pine cones, and natural elements.  So these little bird houses will fit in so cute!!

I saw this on you tube from a demonstrator from the UK.

 I wanted you to see just how tall and thin it is.  The card stock you start with is  6 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches.  It ends up being about 1" wide by 6 1/2 " tall.

 I didn't want a hole with the heart framelit for the bird door, so I sponged around a punched out heart to give the "hint" of the opening.  I think that works just fine for me.

A small pearl for her eye and she is all done.

What?  you would like the instructions?  Ok, your wish is my command.  Here you go:

TALL  AND THIN BIRDIE HOUSE BOX

Card Stock  6½ x 7 ½ inches.
Put the card stock long side across the top and score at 1, 3 ½, 4 ½ and 7
Turn it and score at 1, 5, 6

On the long skinny tab down one side, cut the very bottom little tab off.  Then cut slits at the score lines along the rest of this skinny side only up to the crossing score line.

Punch out heart with die, or use a punched out heart and sponge around it to create a halo.

Punch out two holes at top and thread 1/8" ribbon through and tied a knot.

Punch bird out and sponge around the bird and wing with cherry cobbler and around the leaf with green.
Add a small pearl for her eye.

SUPPLIES;
Bird punch, sponges, cherry cobbler ink pad, old olive ink pad, adhesive pearls, 1/8 ribbon, naturals ivory card stock.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: