Friday, June 7

PLEASANT POPPIES AND PAPILLION POTPOURRI

I LOVE BUTTERFLIES!!  IF you have been following me for any length of time, you know I have a butterfly garden and so enjoy spring and summer with all the activity fluttering about.  So my card today caught my eye the moment I saw it.  Fellow Demo Mike Funke designed it, and I cased it with a few tweaks of my own. (Thanks Mike!!)

 Aren't the new in colors just YUMMY!!!  I used Crisp Cantaloupe with Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral for the poppies.  My AQUA PAINTERS are the perfect tools for watercoloring line stamps like these poppies.  The poppies are heat embossed with Early Espresso embossing powder.  AFTER they were all colored in and complete, I then inked up my En Francais background stamp with Baked Brown Sugar and stamped off once and then stamped it on top of my card right over the poppies.

 I stamped two monarch butterflies and colored them with Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze.  Then I cut them in half and used two wings going in the same direction for the butterfly who is either just landing or just taking off.  Isn't it adorable??!!  AND 3D


I used some more Crisp Cantaloupe cs for the Happy Birthday banner at the bottom.

Here is one more look at the complete card:
Hope you enjoyed this card of Mike's design with my own two cents worth to change it up a bit.  I think this might be my FAV card I have made yet!!  I am loving the water coloring on the poppies and plan to do that some more with the different shades of colors to make them look real.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you are not a demonstrator, I would LOVE to talk to you about joining my stamping team.  We meet monthly if you are local, or we do card swaps if you are not local.  Sharing ideas is what is it all about!!  Contact me and let's talk!!

I am entering this card at:

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love Crisp Cantaloupe, and it is so pretty on this card. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am loving the Crisp Cantaloupe! It pairs wonderfully with the Calypso Coral on your card. En francais and Pleasant Poppies are a winning pair. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this card is so fresh and "crisp". I really love that stamp with the colors! You did a spectacular job! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: