Monday, June 3

CHALKBOARD TECHNIQUE

The new rage is the chalkboard technique.  What is that you ask?  It is images heat embossed with white embossing powder on a dark background.  It looks like chalk on a chalkboard.

Today I have a fun share for you with flowers and buterflies in the chalkboard technique.  I saw this idea from fellow demonstrator Selene K.  Thanks Selene for sharing!!

 I realize that chalkboards are either black or green, but I really wanted to use Midnight Muse as my chalkboard so that it was like the sky.  I used the small periwinkle-type flower from SECRET GARDEN stamp set and one of the small butterfly stamps from PAPILLION POTPOURRI stamp set.  First I inked up with versa mark and then put white embossing powder on the flowers and heat embossed.

On a separate scrap of same color I stamped the small butterflies with versa mark and heat embossed and then punched them out with the PETITE BUTTERFLY PUNCH.  The flight lines are made with a white gel pen.  The butterflies are only adhered along their bodies so their wings are 3D.

The sentiment is from a vintage set called NATURES PACE.  I used a punch for both the sentiment and the white shadow behind it.

Hope you enjoyed this simple card in the chalkboard technique.  Won't you leave some "lovin" for me in the form of your comments?

Stay creative my friends!!

2 comments:

Please post a comment: