Friday, May 24

SWALLOWTAIL BUTTERFLIES

I know I have said it before, but I LOVE the background stamp SWALLOWTAIL.  It is so large it covers the whole card if you want it to.

Today I have a card to show you with a new technique for me.
 I used some printed designer paper and stamped my swallowtail butterfly with versamark.  Then I put early espresso embossing powder on it and heat set it.  Very striking, don't you think?

I also put a small amount along the edges so it was similar to a background layer behind the paper.  I like that look.  And I put a small strip of the designer paper on the inside for continuity.

My second card is emboss resist.
 Stamp with versamark and then use CLEAR embossing powder.  After heat setting it, use sponges and ink to rub color around the stamped image.  Clean off with a clean rag and VOILA.  Ink is in the unstamped impressions and around the outside of the butterfly.  LOVE IT>

Here are both cards side by side.  Different techniques but both are beautiful.

What do you think?  Have you used both of these techniques?

Thanks for stopping by.  STAY CREATIVE MY FRIENDS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: