Thursday, May 3

BOOKMARK MADE WITH TWO TAGS DIE

THIS IS A QUICK AND FUN GIFT PROJECT MADE WITH YOUR BIG SHOT, THE TWO TAGS DIE, THE SCALLOP PUNCH AND SOME MAGNETIC SHEET.

The magnetic sheet is on the retiring list and is discounted right now!!  woo hoo -- get yours before it is all gone!!

Your paper cutter and the big shot cuts these magnetic sheets like a hot knife in butter!!  EASY PEASY


Cut out a piece of card stock (I used concord crush) with your two tags die(the tall one with the scallop top)

Cut two pieces of magnet sheet to be just a little bigger than 1/4 of the bottom and 1/4 of the top.  In the middle there will be NO magnet sheet.  See the photo below to understand what I mean:

I actually used a smaller amount of magnetic sheet on each end than this photo.

The magnetic sheet has a sticky side once you peel off the outer paper.  Stick it carefully onto the card stock after both are cut with the die.

Punch out a scallop circle of a coordinating card stock (I used bashful bride) and stamp your initial on the front of it with an alphabet set of your choice.  I stamped with concord crush ink.  Then I colored in the middle of my letter with wisteria wonder marker.  I put some bling around the circle with some black halloween rhinestones from the clearance rack.  Pearls and regular rhinestones will work just as well.
 TIP:  Did you know you can color your rhinestones with your markers to be the color you want?

So that you can easily see the bookmark and slide it off your book page, use your crop-a-dile to punch a hole at the top of the fold and put some ribbon through it to stick up above your book.  I used ice cream parlor ribbon from the discounted retiring accessories list.

Here is what it looks like clipped over the pages of your book.  Did I mention I put Crystal Effects over the initial for added shine?

What a sweet little gift for that special person in your life, your kid's teacher, or a dear friend.

Here's to inky fingers y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment: