Thursday, September 22

FMS#3 CHALLENGE - BABY CARD WITH STOCKING BUILDER PUNCH

This is for the freshly made sketches challenge this week.  Hope you like it.

My neighbor, Ashley, is overdue in having her baby.  Bless her heart, she is gigantic but just her tummy only.  She is thin everywhere else.  Looks like a watermelon jutting out from her middle.  They decided not to know if it is a boy or girl until it is born.  So I made her a welcome baby card in daffodil yellow and certainly celery.

The STOCKING BUILDER PUNCH (#124095) is actually something to use all year round and not just for Christmas.  Want to see one way how?  See below:  (click to get bigger photos)

 Isn't this card so sweet?  I stamped the baby booties using daffodil yellow and the STITCHED STOCKING STAMP SET (#123784 CLEAR)  I then cut off part of the top and the fold down part and glued the fold down part back on.  Immediately it looks just like baby booties or little sockies.  My fellow team member, Candice, gave me the idea and it is wonderful!!

 Here is a closeup of the booties with their yellow satin ribbon ties.  With the stamped image that looks like stitching, don't they look just like a pair of knitted booties?  LOVE IT!!  You can also see the stickers I used from one of the scrapbook kits that just seemed to be perfect for this card.

This is blurry and hard to see, but I wanted to point out that I used the SIMPLY SCORED SCORING TOOL (#122334) and diagonally I made score lines one direction to the halfway diagonal, then I turned my card and scored in the other direction.  Just a little added detail.  I also sponged all around the edge of the card with old olive for some depth.

Hope you liked the card and the unusual way to use the new STOCKING BUILDER PUNCH and the STITCHED STOCKINGS STAMP SET.  If you would like to purchase these or any other supplies, just click on my name below to go to my Stampin Up website where you can purchase at your convenience.

Thanks for shopping by.  Here's to inky fingers y'all.

7 comments:

  1. This is sweet! I love the yellow booties with their satin ties! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ingenious ... love the booties, love the yellow and I love the satin ties!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! Your poor neighbor; I can't imagine being pregnant with the summer we've had down here. Love the booties and the scoring! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use that punch! Your neighbor will love your thoughtful card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet...my cousin just had her baby and she was overdue too! It is a boy!! Thank you for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, love the baby booties idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative use of the stocking punch! So clever and the yellow satin is just the perfect touch on these booties! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment: